Join us as we celebrate forward-looking leaders and thinkers whose work exemplifies the spirit of innovation in health.
NEHI’s Innovators in Health Awards recognizes individuals who have made lasting contributions in health and health care and inspired the community with their vision and achievements. Since the Innovator in Health award was launched, we have honored over 50 pioneering individuals from all sectors of health care.
The annual NEHI Innovators in Health Awards will take place in Boston on October 28, 2021.
We hope you will join us to induct a new 2021 class of awardees, and to honor the transformative impact all have had on the various sectors of health and health care.
The 2021 Innovators in Health Awardees:
- Kathrin Jansen, PhD, Senior Vice President, Head of Vaccine Research and Development, Pfizer
- Ugur Sahin, MD, PhD, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, BioNTech
- Özlem Türeci MD, Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer, BioNTech. Dr. Jansen, Dr. Sahin and Dr. Tureci will be honored together in recognition of the dedication and collaboration it took to bring the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine to market with unprecedented speed.
- Jewel Mullen, MD, MPH, MPA, Associate Dean, Health Equity, University of Texas, Austin Dell Medical School. Dr. Mullen will be honored for her commitment to ensuring that innovations are designed to improve health equity.
- Toyin Ajayi, MD, MPhil, President and Co-Founder, Cityblock Health
- Bay Gross, Head of Product and Co-Founders, Cityblock Health
- Iyah Romm, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Cityblock Health. Dr. Ajayi, Mr. Gross and Mr. Romm will be honored together in recognition of Cityblock Health's innovative model of primary care and commitment to under-served communities and the incorporation of community-based services.
- Robert Coughlin, Managing Director, Life Sciences, JLL. Former President and CEO, MassBio. NEHI’s 2021 Henri A. Termeer Memorial Innovator in Health Awardee. Mr. Coughlin will be honored for his steadfast leadership as the former President and CEO of MassBio and the mark he has made in advancing innovation both on a personal and professional level.
Questions? Contact Donna Amrhein, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.