📝 Post-Event Learnings
On September 20, 2023, NEHI convened experts from payers, providers, health technology, and major academic organizations to discuss how to ensure telemental health (TMH) clinicians are being trained on evidence-based practices that have been shown to produce high-quality patient outcomes.
Claire Cruse, Senior Director of Program Development, moderated the discussion between these experts, covering a variety of topics. The panel first discussed progress in standards setting for clinical training in TMH, including a discussion of the development and dissemination of TMH competency frameworks and curricula to support them. Experts discussed these frameworks and the work that is needed to get them into the hands of more clinicians.
After that, the panel discussed clinician, provider, and payer perspectives on clinical training for TMH. Perspectives included in this discussion ranged from those of independent clinicians and large hospital systems to payers, mental health startups, and certification organizations. Participants discussed potential ways to encourage clinicians to seek additional training, skills needed to assess new interventions and technologies, and ways to give clinicians more opportunities to learn best or emerging practices from their peers.
The final report from this project will be published in Fall 2023.
NEHI is proud to present a Members-Only Virtual Roundtable Event, generously funded by Point32Health. This engaging session explored the "Current State and Emerging Trends in Clinical Training for Telemental Health." We invited all NEHI members and their guests to join us for this invaluable opportunity to connect, learn, and collaborate.
📋 Agenda Highlights
During this interactive discussion, we delved into three crucial areas that are shaping the landscape of Telemental Health:
- Progress in Standards Setting for Clinical Training in Telemental Health
- How are standards evolving to meet the unique demands of telemental health?
- What can we learn from recent developments in this space?
- Challenges in Preparing Clinicians for the Provision of Telemental Health – Payer, Provider, Clinician Perspectives
- Explore the perspectives of payers, providers, and clinicians as they navigate the complexities of telemental health training.
- What challenges must we overcome to ensure high-quality care?
- Bridging the Gap: How Should Standards and Real-World Practice Combine to Meet the Needs of Patients
- Discover innovative approaches to bridging the divide between training standards and real-world patient needs.
- What can we do to enhance patient outcomes and experiences?